Random 5

>> Wednesday, September 10, 2008

- I have sold off the majority of my textbooks. I was thinking I might keep a couple, but let's be honest, am I really ever going to even crack the covers again? Not unless my degree is rescinded and I have to take business writing and English grammar all over again. *shudders*

- I am toward the middle of a book I am not enjoying too much. I'm considering letting it go, but my perfectionist self starts chiding me for not completing a task. This is something I need to work on.

- My mom has found a full-time job she seems to enjoy with decent pay. That is empowering and just lovely and I am very happy for her.

- After having a Twitter account for nine months or more, I am finally getting the hang of it and updating regularly. It is actually kind of fun.

- Between Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, GoodReads, e-mail, and all the blogs I read, I feel like I have crossed into the realm of social networking overload. It is a little out of control. My order of importance: e-mail, GoodReads, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace. Whew. Also, after becoming a social networking connoisseur of sorts, I am pretty sure I hate MySpace.

2 comments:

Karen September 11, 2008 at 6:16 AM  

That's so funny about the MySpace comment. I decided the other day to just delete mine...I never check it and it's just one less thing to have out there. And I totally hear you on the book thing...if I'm not sold by the first half of the book, it's agony to make me finish the second half.

Allison September 11, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

MySpace is just so disjointed feeling, especially after discovering Facebook where everything is pretty seamless.

I have officially given up the book. I even gave it another 50 pages.