Southern Utah Drive

>> Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Over the weekend, the stars aligned and JP and I took our long awaited day trip to Utah. Nothing compares to the red rocks of southern Utah. The land there is awe-inspiring. Before I moved out here, I never understood why people lived in the Southwest. Wasn't it just hot desert wasteland? Now I know better because I've been there.




best memories:

1. soft red soil
2. raindrops in my hair
3. flowing water
4. yellow-lit vistas
5. towering red cliffs
6. cool breezes
7. deserted roads
8. taking the long way
9. feeling surrounded by magic
10. experiencing mother earth at her best

Even though she tires of it at times, there are so many things this East coast girl has to be greatful for in her Southwestern life.

8 comments:

jen October 1, 2008 at 7:02 AM  

beautiful photos! and beautiful memories too :)

Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

I'm so happy that you got away for a weekend. Absolutely gorgeous pictures, and what wonderful memories to carry with you. :)

Karen October 1, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Those photos are lovely -- sounds like a wonderful trip :)

Daphne October 1, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

That looks amazing!

Allison October 1, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

@everyone thank you!

CoolDeep October 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Stupendous my friend!
Loved your blog.
I'll come again.

Love & Regards,
CoolDeep

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Beautifully photographed and written. :) I know where I want to go for a roadtrip now. I love the fall colors in the trees.

~ Kristi

Folding Ben October 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

You took some amazing pictures of Southern Utah, I just got back from a trip to Southern Utah, It's beautiful country!