Dressing

>> Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tonight I made JP and I salad and ravioli for dinner. I found a salad dressing last year that I just love: raspberry vinaigrette. I was a little skeptical at first but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it. I sprinkle some blue cheese crumbles on top (you can skip this if you're not a blue cheese person) and it just enhances the flavors even more. It would go well on a variety of salads.

I half the sugar; I've found the full amount is too much. I shake it all up in a Mason jar and keep the excess in the fridge for later.

Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
* 1/2 cup raspberry wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Shake well.

2 comments:

Karen January 30, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

That dressing sounds delicious. Seth loves vinaigrettes, so I'll definitely try this one out!

daisies February 1, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

yummy recipe :)